The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) awards one scholarship per year to an exemplary high school student with Italian American ancestry to attend Living Latin in Rome High School, with full tuition and airfare covered. The NIAF generously funds this scholarship to promote Italian American culture and support the academic success of Italian American youth. To be considered Italian American, the applicant must have at least one ancestor who has immigrated to the United States from Italy (www.niaf.org).
Applicants to the NIAF Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- A high school student with Italian American heritage
- Acceptance to Living Latin in Rome High School
- Demonstrated financial need
The required application materials include:
- A completed application to Living Latin in Rome High School (do not forget to fill out the teacher recommendation form)
A completed scholarship application
- Include in the application an essay about your Italian American heritage and its meaning to you (500 words maximum)
The following tasks are required by the recipient post-program:
- A thank you letter for the scholarship
- A scholarship impact statement (500 words maximum)
Deadlines and Application Process
The deadline for all application materials, including the Living Latin in Rome High School application, NIAF scholarship application and personal essay, is March 1, 2024.
Please click on the button below to access the online application form and submit your materials.
The scholarship recipient will be notified in March.