LOYOLA BLAKEFIELD TOUR TO ITALY
Spring Break, 2022
Dear Loyola Blakefield Student or Family,
We are excited to welcome you to Italy for your tour with the Paideia Institute in 2022. On this page, you will find everything you need to get ready for your tour next year. We are looking forward to meeting you and helping you get to know the classical world.
Jason C. Pedicone, Ph.D.
The Paideia Institute
PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR THE TOUR
You can download the trip's itinerary here.
- Monday, 04/18/22, American (AA) 718, Philadelphia (PHL) 18:30 -> Tuesday, 04/19/22, Rome Fiumicino (FCO) 9:10
- Tuesday, 04/26/22, American (AA) 719, Rome Fiumicino (FCO) 11:50 -> Philadelphia (PHL) 16:05
If you have questions about the flights or plan on booking your own, please fill out the form here as soon as possible. Changes to the flights cannot be guaranteed.
WHAT TO BRING
For tips on packing, what to bring, and other practical information, download our information sheet here.
ENROLLMENT, PAYMENT, AND SUBMITTING FORMS
In order to enroll, please click the enrollment button at the bottom of the page and fill out the form. The form is due by the enrollment and deposit deadline, December 1st, 2021. [UPDATE 29 NOV 21: The enrollment and deposit deadline has been extended to December 15th, 2021.]
All tour participants, or a parent or legal guardian if the participant is under 18, must sign Code of Conduct, Liability Release, Health Insurance Information, Cancellation, Refund, and Rescheduling Policy, and COVID-19 Waiver forms by the enrollment and deposit deadline. You will sign these forms as part of the enrollment process via the button at the bottom of the page.
Once the legal forms are completed, you will be directed to a payment page. Payment may be submitted via bank (ACH) transfer or credit car (with 3 % convenience fee).
The cost of this tour is $3500 / student.
A deposit of $500 is due by the enrollment and deposit deadline, December 1st, 2021. [UPDATE 29 NOV 21: The enrollment and deposit deadline has been extended to December 15th, 2021.]
The balance of $3000 is due by January 18th, 2022. [UPDATE 11 Jan 22: The balance deadline has been extended to February 1st, 2022]
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS, AND RESCHEDULING
The cancellation policy for this tour is as follows:
- For cancellations made before the deposit deadline, December 1st, 2021 [Extended to December 15th, 2021], all funds are refundable.
- For cancellations made from the deposit deadline, December 1st, 2021 [Extended to December 15th, 2021], to the balance deadline, January 18th, 2022 [Extended to February 1st, 2022], all but the deposit is refundable.
- For cancellations made from the balance deadline, January 18th, 2022 [Extended to February 1st, 2022], to 61 days prior to departure, February 16th, 2022, 50% of the total cost is refundable.
- For cancellations made 60 days prior to departure, February 17th, 2022, to 31 days prior to departure, March 18th, 2022, 25% of the total cost is refundable.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made after March 18th, 2022.
Traveler substitutions after the deposit deadline, if possible, are subject to a change fee.
If travel becomes impossible after the deposit deadline, Paideia will offer to revise the itinerary on the current dates or reschedule the tour for new dates. Additional fees may apply.
A Student Travel Protection Plan is available for this tour through Travel Guard. For coverage information and to purchase this insurance prior to final trip payment, please visit this link. Cancel for any reason coverage can be purchased at the time the base plan is purchased and within 15 days of Initial Trip Payment.
Please contact Travel Guard at 866-385-4839 with any questions.
If you have any questions for the Paideia Institute about the tour, please e-mail us at classicaltour[email protected] or contact your teacher.