NORMAN NORTH HIGH SCHOOL TOUR TO ITALY
Dear Norman North High School Student or Family,
We are excited to welcome you to Italy for your tour with the Paideia Institute in 2023. On this page, you will find everything you need to get ready for your tour next year. We are looking forward to meeting you and helping you get to know the classical world.
Jason C. Pedicone, Ph.D.
The Paideia Institute
PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR THE TOUR
You can view the trip's itinerary here.
A group reservation on the following flights has been reserved. Please note that the airline may make schedule changes before departure; exact times and flight numbers may vary.
- Wednesday, 05/31/23, American Airlines (AA) 1147, Oklahoma City Will Rogers (OKC) 10:22 -> Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) 11:40
- Wednesday, 05/31/23, American Airlines (AA) 240, Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) 14:20 -> Thursday, 06/01/23, Rome Fiumicino (FCO) 8:00
- Sunday, 06/11/23, American Airlines (AA) 721, Rome Fiumicino (FCO) 12:50 -> Charlotte Douglas (CLT) 17:15
- Sunday, 06/11/23, American Airlines (AA) 768, Charlotte Douglas (CLT) 20:15 -> Oklahoma City Will Rogers (OKC) 21:45
To request changes to the flights, fill out the form here as soon as possible. Changes to the flights cannot be guaranteed. There is a fee for flight changes of $100, and there may be additional charges for difference in fare.
WHAT TO BRING
For tips on packing, what to bring, and other practical information, download our information sheet here.
ENROLLMENT, PAYMENT, AND SUBMITTING FORMS
In order to enroll, please click the enrollment button at the bottom of the page and fill out the form. The form is due by the enrollment and deposit deadline, February 1st, 2023.
All tour participants, or a parent or legal guardian if the participant is under 18, must sign Code of Conduct, Liability Release, Health Insurance Information, Cancellation, Refund, and Rescheduling Policy, and COVID-19 Waiver forms by the enrollment and deposit deadline. You will sign these forms as part of the enrollment process via the button at the bottom of the page.
Once the legal forms are completed, you will be directed to a payment page. Payment may be submitted via bank (ACH) transfer or credit card (with 3% convenience fee).
The projected cost of this tour is $4750 / student.
A deposit of $500 is due by the enrollment and deposit deadline, February 1st, 2023.
The balance of $4250 is due by March 1st, 2023.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS, AND RESCHEDULING
The cancellation policy for this tour is as follows:
- For cancellations made before the deposit deadline, February 1st, 2023, all funds are refundable.
- For cancellations made from the deposit deadline, February 1st, 2023, to the balance deadline, March 1st, 2023, all but the deposit is refundable.
- For cancellations made from the balance deadline, March 1st, 2023, to 61 days prior to departure, 50% of the total cost is refundable.
- For cancellations made 60 to 31 days prior to departure, 25% of the total cost is refundable.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made 30 days or fewer prior to departure.
Traveler substitutions after the deposit deadline, if possible, are subject to a change fee.
If travel becomes impossible after the deposit deadline, Paideia will offer to revise the itinerary on the current dates or reschedule the tour for new dates. Additional fees may apply.
A Student Travel Protection Plan is available for this tour through Travel Guard. For coverage information and to purchase this insurance prior to final trip payment, please visit this link. Cancel for any reason coverage can be purchased at the time the base plan is purchased and within 15 days of Initial Trip Payment.
Please contact Travel Guard at 866-385-4839 with any questions.
If you have any questions for the Paideia Institute about the tour, please e-mail us at [email protected] or contact your teacher.